St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church and School
Western Wisconsin District Reformation Link "Timeless Truths"
Please Join Us For Worship!
| News, Happenings,Special Events:
Tuesday, October 17th
Kids under 4 years old
8:15 - 9:15 a.m.
8:00 and 10:30 a.m.
The Luther Prep Singers & Guitar Ensemble from LPS in Watertown will be here on Sunday, October 22, to enhance our worship services. We are looking for several families to volunteer to organize a breakfast for the choir and ensemble in the Mustang Café in between the services as they will sing and play in both services. Please let us know if you can help. Thank you! A free-will offering will be taken at this service to help support the Prep Singers.
Confirmation Class for 7th and
8th grade students who are not
enrolled in St. Matthew’s Lutheran School has begun and is held
at 5:00 p.m.
Class will run until
6:30 p.m. Students will need a
revised blue NIV Catechism and
an NIV Bible.
6 Ways To Help Our School
1. Campbell's Labels-submit until December 1st
2. Big G Box Tops for Education-clip the portion of the top that says that
3. Sentry Stores-have a "Funds for Friends" sticker put on the back of your receipt
4. Kwik Trip-Milk caps and front panels of milk bags
5. Schnucks-service desk will give you a card and register it for funds to go to St. Matthews, present card at checkout
6. SCRIPT-if you shop at Woodman's you need to purchase SCRIPT cards from church, either in the office or from Cathy Sonntag
7. SCRIPT Cards-a variety of businesses offer SCRIPT cards for purchase-see Cathy Sonntag or check in the office (more info located on the school link at the top of the page)
Sr. Choir has started,they meet Wednesdays at 5:45 p.m.
Please join this group of singers for
fun, service and fellowship!!
All children, preschool (toilet trained 3 years)
through grade 8,
are strongly encouraged to join the Sunday School classes and add to their knowledge of the Word.
Come on Sunday at 9:15 (we meet in church)
and we dismiss at about 10:15.
We are looking for all of our children to come!
Reformation 2017 Wels Link For More Information
October 31, 2017 marks the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation. On October 31, 1517 Martin Luther nailed the 95 theses to the door of the castle church in Wittenberg, Germany. Our Western Wisconsin District will be holding a special district-wide Reformation celebration titled, Timeless Truths. The service will be on October 29th and will be held at the Alliant Center in Madison. St. Matthews will be sponsoring a bus that will take those interested in attending this event to Madison and bring them back. The cost of the bus ride will be $5.00. We will leave St. Matthews at 2:30 p.m. and return around 8:30 p.m. There are 45 seats available on the bus. There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board where those who would be interested can sign up so that we can determine the level of interest.
"Go and preach the Gospel to all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:18-19
709 Milton Ave.Janesville, WI 53545
Contact Pastor James Janke
Get directions from your current location.