St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church and School
Please Join Us For Worship!
| News, Happenings,Special Events:
NEW SUMMER WORSHIP
ONE Sunday morning service 9:00 a.m.
Bible Class 8:00 a.m.
Regular Thursday Worship Service 6:30 p.m.
This schedule starts Memorial Day Sunday, May 27th
and ends Labor Day.
Memorial Day through Labor Day
LWMS National Convention
The 55th annual convention this year is
hosted by the
Paperland Circuit, June 21 - 24,
held in Green Bay,
Wisconsin, with the theme,
"Speak, O Lord, From The Valley To
If you have never attended a
nationalconvention, please consider
this one becauseit is so close to us!!!
More information can be seen
at their website, www.lwms.org
or talk to Ann Janke, or see the
flyer posted on the bulletin board.
Summer Bible Camp
July 16, 17, & 18
“Space Station Salvation” will be our theme this year. We are in need of one or more individuals to coordinate this outreach event. Can you help in this area? For more information please contact Pastor Janke or Staff Minister Arden Wentzel
6 Ways To Help Our School
1. Campbell's Labels-submit until December 1st
2. Big G Box Tops for Education-clip the portion of the top that says that
3. Sentry Stores-have a "Funds for Friends" sticker put on the back of your receipt
4. Kwik Trip-Milk caps and front panels of milk bags
5. Schnucks-service desk will give you a card and register it for funds to go to St. Matthews, present card at checkout
6. SCRIPT-if you shop at Woodman's you need to purchase SCRIPT cards from church, either in the office or from Cathy Sonntag
7. SCRIPT Cards-a variety of businesses offer SCRIPT cards for purchase-see Cathy Sonntag or check in the office (more info located on the school link at the top of the page)
The Tuesday evening Bible study group, meeting from 6:30-7:30 p.m., is studying a text, “Connecting Sinai to Calvary,” a comprehensive guide to the Old Testament. So much of the time before Christ is not known by the average Bible student. This will be a great opportunity to connect God’s plan of salvation to the fulfillment in the New Testament. Please come!
Meals on Wheels
St. Matthew’s will deliver “Meals on Wheels” June 18th thru June 22nd. We have four routes with two people needed per route (one person to drive, one person to deliver the meal). Meals are picked up at Mercy Hospital at 11:00 a.m. There is a signup sheet on the bulletin board. The State of Wisconsin requires that all volunteers have a mandatory background check. Thank you to those who have done this. If interested in delivering Meals on Wheels but haven’t completed the mandatory background check contact Sally Wellnitz (752-2037) for the form to be completed and submitted to Mercy Hospital.
"Go and preach the Gospel to all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:18-19
709 Milton Ave.Janesville, WI 53545
Contact Pastor James Janke
Get directions from your current location.