St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church and School
Please Join Us For Worship!
| News, Happenings,Special Events:
NEW SUMMER WORSHIP
ONE Sunday morning service 9:00 a.m.
Bible Class 8:00 a.m.
Regular Thursday Worship Service 6:30 p.m.
This schedule starts Memorial Day Sunday, May 27th
and ends Labor Day.
Memorial Day through Labor Day
LWMS National Convention
The 55th annual convention this year is
hosted by the
Paperland Circuit, June 21 - 24,
held in Green Bay,
Wisconsin, with the theme,
"Speak, O Lord, From The Valley To
If you have never attended a
nationalconvention, please consider
this one becauseit is so close to us!!!
More information can be seen
at their website, www.lwms.org
or talk to Ann Janke, or see the
flyer posted on the bulletin board.
An open meeting has been scheduled for immediately after our 9:00 a.m. worship service on Sunday, June 3. One reason for the meeting is to present information to the congregation regarding a proposed new electronic sign to replace our current sign on Milton Ave. A second reason for the meeting is to discuss changes that will have to be made to our church staffing in view of the impending retirement of our Staff Minister, Mr. Wentzel. We have to decide if we need to engage a consulting firm to make recommendations regarding staffing or if we can come up with a plan by ourselves. Please plan to attend this important meeting to receive information about what is happening here at St. Matthew's right now and to give your input about the future of our congregation.
6 Ways To Help Our School
1. Campbell's Labels-submit until December 1st
2. Big G Box Tops for Education-clip the portion of the top that says that
3. Sentry Stores-have a "Funds for Friends" sticker put on the back of your receipt
4. Kwik Trip-Milk caps and front panels of milk bags
5. Schnucks-service desk will give you a card and register it for funds to go to St. Matthews, present card at checkout
6. SCRIPT-if you shop at Woodman's you need to purchase SCRIPT cards from church, either in the office or from Cathy Sonntag
7. SCRIPT Cards-a variety of businesses offer SCRIPT cards for purchase-see Cathy Sonntag or check in the office (more info located on the school link at the top of the page)
The Tuesday evening Bible study group, meeting from 6:30-7:30 p.m., is studying a text, “Connecting Sinai to Calvary,” a comprehensive guide to the Old Testament. So much of the time before Christ is not known by the average Bible student. This will be a great opportunity to connect God’s plan of salvation to the fulfillment in the New Testament. Please come!
"Go and preach the Gospel to all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,
and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." Matthew 28:18-19
709 Milton Ave.Janesville, WI 53545
Contact Pastor James Janke
Get directions from your current location.